The San Michele Restaurant is situated near the famous 12th century Abbey of the same name. Rooted in the culture and traditions of the Susa Valley, we use only local and seasonal ingredients, including natural-made wines from the Valley.
Our customers' opinions are important to us so we very much welcome any comments and suggestions they may have.
Some of our dishes, made by chefs Gianfranco Mossa and Pietro Salomone.
- Beppe’s fresh oven-grilled Tomino cheese
- Tuna veal San Michele style
- Smoked loin of pork with honey from the nearby hamlet of Girba
- Soft poached egg with cream of potatoes and parmesan – a house specialty
- Crispy fried prawns in a nest of delicate kataifi pasta
- Raw ham from “vacca vieja”
- Thin tajarin pasta with a three meat ragù sauce
- Small potato dumplings with asparagus, new peas, aromatic herbs and creamy mozzarella
- Risotto with nettle shoots
- Risotto with lavander, rosemary and thyme
- Pasta noodles with wild garlic and Piemontese hazelnuts pesto
- Cavatelli pasta with anchovies and orange – flavoured breadcrumbs. A house speciality
- Grilled sturgeon fish on skewers with peppers sauce and caramelized onions
- Pork filet stuffed with speck bacon, parmesan and rosemary
- Black Angus prime steak Leg of lamb in a pastry crust
- Large rib eye of Scottish steak for two persons (or for a very hungry person)
- Grilled octopus with a creamy butter sauce and potato crisps
- Deep-fried herbs, vegetables, edible flowers and fresh-water fish. A light and tasty house speciality Japanese style
The menu varies according to season.